Robert Boettcher’s first flight at the controls of an aircraft was at the young age of 9, and he was hooked ever since. He began building model aircraft, continued with free flight, line control, then RC airplanes and helicopters. In 2009 he earned his pilot’s license, became a FAASTeam Lead Representative and a WingsPro and DronePro. He joined GHAFI in 2011, was elected to the Board of Directors in 2017, President in 2019, and Vice President in 2021.
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Houston-Downtown in 2006
- Commercial Pilot, Single and Multi-Engine; Instrument Rated; Certified Flight Instructor; Remote Pilot, Small Unmanned Aircraft.
Accomplishments for GHAFI as President include:
- Reorganization and Incorporation of the Association
- New Website Development
- Established an online archive for GHAFI
- Volunteer at Lone Star Flight Museum
- Aviation history researcher
- Mountain biking
- 3D Printing